compiler backend for moving content seem to change from mspgcc3 to mspgcc4

compiler backend for moving content seem to change from mspgcc3 to mspgcc4

Tilmann Faul
Hello,

this is my first poste to this list and i first want to thank all how
contributed to the free msp430 compiler.
I am using it a lot.

As i am not jet familiar with searching on the list please forgive me if
i have missed a post answering my questions.

I have two questions:
1.) The compiler backend seems to have changed from mspgcc3 to mspgcc4.
In version 3.2.3 a move instuction was a one cycle instuction directly
from source to destination. in later versions it was split into a two
cycle instuction, first move source to a register then move register to
destination. This can be seen in the asembler code.  Is there a way to
get back to the old behavior?

2.) I want to install the old version mspgcc3 (3.2.3) on a 64 bit debian
machine, where can i get sources and/or binaries and how to find out the
corresponding msp430-libc and the binutils-msp430. Debian arcives are
hosting mspgcc4 onwards only.

thanks
Tilmann