Quantcast

Missing locka command in mspdebug

Tomek Lorek
Hi,
I'm using mspdebug 0.22 and noticed there is no 'locka' command to
unlock segment A of info memory. I searched over the Internet and seen
this command has been present in e.g 0.17, it is also present in
Changelog, but apparently not available in 0.22 (I searched the
sources and makefile as well).

Is there any other way to unlock info A segment from mspdebug?

Best Regards,
Tomek

Re: Missing locka command in mspdebug

Daniel Beer-3
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 03:25:22PM +0200, Tomek Lorek wrote:
> I'm using mspdebug 0.22 and noticed there is no 'locka' command to
> unlock segment A of info memory. I searched over the Internet and seen
> this command has been present in e.g 0.17, it is also present in
> Changelog, but apparently not available in 0.22 (I searched the
> sources and makefile as well).
>
> Is there any other way to unlock info A segment from mspdebug?

Hi Tomek,

The "locka" command never worked correctly, so it's been removed. There
is an option called "enable_locked_flash_access", which does work with
most drivers:

    opt enable_locked_flash_access true
    erase segment ...

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B