MSPGCC under os x

stefan knorr
hi all,
in the next days i'll try to install the mspgcc-toolchain on a
powerbook. i order to not solve the problems that have been solved yet
i've some questions:

does anyone ever tried to compile the tools unter os x?
are there any experiences using eclipe under os x?
did anyone tried to use a pcmcia-to-parallel converter to write to msp's
via jtag?

i hope everything will work fine in some days, but there surely will be
some problems any maybe i have to use a yellowdog instead of the os x.

best regards, stefan

Re: MSPGCC under os x

Steve Underwood
stefan knorr wrote:

> hi all,
> in the next days i'll try to install the mspgcc-toolchain on a
> powerbook. i order to not solve the problems that have been solved yet
> i've some questions:
>
> does anyone ever tried to compile the tools unter os x?

People have told me they run the tools, except for msp430-gdbproxy, on a
Mac.

> are there any experiences using eclipe under os x?

Don't know.

> did anyone tried to use a pcmcia-to-parallel converter to write to
> msp's via jtag?

As long as it is a real parallel port (which a PCMCIA device should be)
I think it should be OK. The USB to parallel port devices do not work.
You can use the Python tools like this. Getting gdbproxy to work on OS/X
would require building it on an OS/X machine, and we can't hand out the
source code for someone to do that.

> i hope everything will work fine in some days, but there surely will
> be some problems any maybe i have to use a yellowdog instead of the os x.
>
> best regards, stefan

Regards,
Steve

Re: MSPGCC under os x

stefan knorr

>> did anyone tried to use a pcmcia-to-parallel converter to write to
>> msp's via jtag?
>>

> As long as it is a real parallel port (which a PCMCIA device should
> be) I think it should be OK. The USB to parallel port devices do
> not work. You can use the Python tools like this. Getting gdbproxy
> to work on OS/X would require building it on an OS/X machine, and
> we can't hand out the source code for someone to do that.

the adapter will provide a 'real' parallel port. it's not just a
printing adapter.

concening the gdbproxy: do you plan to compile the soures on a osx
maschine? would it be easy to compile or will there be lots to modify?

regards, stefan