MSPDebug unable to find 0451:f430

garyr
My OS is XP, Im using the FET430UIF. I've installed MSPDebug according to the
instructions for Windows in the FAQ with one exception:

The libusb-win32 I found is libusb-win32-1.2.6.0.zip. I couldn't find a
libusb0.dll so I extracted bin\x86\libusb0_x86.dll to MSPDebug\. When I ran
MSPDebug I get an error message because libusb0.dll was not found.
I then renamed libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll. Now running MSPDebug yields the
above error.

The FET works with IAR Kickstart. The Device Manager says the FET has
vid/pid of 2047:001. Now

C:\MSPDebug>mspdebug uif -U2047:0010
MSPDebug version 0.22 - debugging tool for MSP430 MCUs
...snip...
usbutil: unable to find 2047:010

The file ti_3410.fw.ihex is present in C:\MSPDebug.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: MSPDebug unable to find 0451:f430

Daniel Beer-3
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 01:20:02PM -0800, garyr wrote:

> My OS is XP, Im using the FET430UIF. I've installed MSPDebug according to the
> instructions for Windows in the FAQ with one exception:
>
> The libusb-win32 I found is libusb-win32-1.2.6.0.zip. I couldn't find a
> libusb0.dll so I extracted bin\x86\libusb0_x86.dll to MSPDebug\. When I ran
> MSPDebug I get an error message because libusb0.dll was not found.
> I then renamed libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll. Now running MSPDebug yields the
> above error.
>
> The FET works with IAR Kickstart. The Device Manager says the FET has
> vid/pid of 2047:001. Now
>
> C:\MSPDebug>mspdebug uif -U2047:0010
> MSPDebug version 0.22 - debugging tool for MSP430 MCUs
> ...snip...
> usbutil: unable to find 2047:010
>
> The file ti_3410.fw.ihex is present in C:\MSPDebug.

Hi Gary,

If your device actually does have a vendor:product ID of 2047:0010, then
you have V3 firmware, and will need to use the V3 DLL from TI:

    http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP_Debug_Stack#Downloads

Download the "DLL Developers Package", extract and place MSP430.DLL in
your PATH (or wherever you run mspdebug from). Then use the "tilib"
driver:

    mspdebug tilib

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B

Re: MSPDebug unable to find 0451:f430

Eric Decker
hi Daniel

is it possible to use the
ver 3 firmware with Linux dev boxes

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 05:54:31PM -0800, Eric Decker wrote:
> is it possible to use the
> ver 3 firmware with Linux dev boxes

Hi Eric,

Yes, it does compile on Linux, but requires patching. Patches for
versions 460f and 460g are available here:

    http://mspdebug.sourceforge.net/tilib.html

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B

Re: MSPDebug unable to find 0451:f430

Peter Bigot-4
>From my experience the V3 tilib interface is significantly faster than the
V2 uif interface for programming (maybe as much as 10x faster).  It's my
preferred version now.

If you do a firmware update and it appears to brick the UIF, see
http://forum.43oh.com/topic/4349-new-msp430f5529-usb-launchpad-released/?p=40492

Peter

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Daniel Beer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 05:54:31PM -0800, Eric Decker wrote:
> > is it possible to use the
> > ver 3 firmware with Linux dev boxes
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> Yes, it does compile on Linux, but requires patching. Patches for
> versions 460f and 460g are available here:
>
>     http://mspdebug.sourceforge.net/tilib.html
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
> IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B

Re: MSPDebug unable to find 0451:f430

garyr

> Hi Gary,
>
> If your device actually does have a vendor:product ID of 2047:0010, then
> you have V3 firmware, and will need to use the V3 DLL from TI:
>
>    http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP_Debug_Stack#Downloads
>
> Download the "DLL Developers Package", extract and place MSP430.DLL in
> your PATH (or wherever you run mspdebug from). Then use the "tilib"
> driver:
>
>    mspdebug tilib
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
> IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B

Daniel,

Eureka! That did it. Many thanks. And many more thanks for a great piece of
software.

Gary