Quantcast

Fwd: cannot debug

Ed Pataky
i am getting this error when debugging:

"Can't find a source file at "../../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc/config/msp430/crt0.S"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location."

also what is all this about below?  I am trying to debug

Failed to start debug session
Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-exec-continue
Error message from debugger back end:
Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
Error in final launch sequence
Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-exec-continue
Error message from debugger back end:
Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n

Re: cannot debug

Ed Pataky
should i be able to use step over and step i to commands? they do not work
... also if i set more than 1 breakpoint it will crash .... essentially
from what i can tell, this tookset is only good for compiling and loading
code, is that correct?

On Friday, July 18, 2014, Ed Pataky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am getting this error when debugging:
>
> "Can't find a source file at "../../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc/config/msp430/crt0.S"
> Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location."
>
> also what is all this about below?  I am trying to debug
>
> Failed to start debug session
> Error in final launch sequence
> Failed to execute MI command:
> -exec-continue
> Error message from debugger back end:
> Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> Error in final launch sequence
> Error in final launch sequence
> Failed to execute MI command:
> -exec-continue
> Error message from debugger back end:
> Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n

Re: cannot debug

Eric Decker
where did you get the code from?   the mspgcc

I've used the packages from tinyprod.net/repos/debian/msp430-46 for years
now and have been able using mspdebug to debug msp430f5438a processors
using single step and upto 8 breakpoints using a TI MSP430 UIF jtag
debugging pod.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Ed Pataky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> should i be able to use step over and step i to commands? they do not work
> ... also if i set more than 1 breakpoint it will crash .... essentially
> from what i can tell, this tookset is only good for compiling and loading
> code, is that correct?
>
> On Friday, July 18, 2014, Ed Pataky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > i am getting this error when debugging:
> >
> > "Can't find a source file at
> "../../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc/config/msp430/crt0.S"
> > Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location."
> >
> > also what is all this about below?  I am trying to debug
> >
> > Failed to start debug session
> > Error in final launch sequence
> > Failed to execute MI command:
> > -exec-continue
> > Error message from debugger back end:
> > Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> > 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> > Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> > 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> > Error in final launch sequence
> > Error in final launch sequence
> > Failed to execute MI command:
> > -exec-continue
> > Error message from debugger back end:
> > Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> > 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n
> > Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address
> > 0xfbc6: (undocumented errno -1).\n

Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher

BDD