Erase the information memory (B, C or D)

Erase the information memory (B, C or D)

Helen Fornazier
Hello!

I am working with the mspdebug with a cc430F5137 and I would like to use
the memory segment info D (for exemple) to store some data.

I want to erase the data in this segment and as the mspdebug does not erase
the information segments in "prog" command, I tried the erase command :

> mspdebug -j olimex "erase segment 0x1800"

It writes "Erasing..." but in fact it does nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Helen Fornazier
www.wizzilab.com

Re: Erase the information memory (B, C or D)

Daniel Beer-3
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 05:42:07PM +0200, Helen Fornazier wrote:

> I am working with the mspdebug with a cc430F5137 and I would like to use
> the memory segment info D (for exemple) to store some data.
>
> I want to erase the data in this segment and as the mspdebug does not erase
> the information segments in "prog" command, I tried the erase command :
>
> > mspdebug -j olimex "erase segment 0x1800"
>
> It writes "Erasing..." but in fact it does nothing.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Helen,

There was a problem with segment erase for FET-like devices (including
Olimex), but this should now be fixed.

You'll need to get the latest git version though, because this fix was
included after the 0.21 release.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Beer <[hidden email]>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B