C++ Support

Lucas Wanner
Hello,

I need to generate a cross-compiler for MSP with C++ support (I don't
need libstdc++). When I try to configure gcc with --enable-languages=c,c++

I get the following make error:

checking whether the C compiler (/home/ppgcc/lucas/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/ppgcc/lucas/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/
-B/home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/bin/
-B/home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/lib/ -isystem
/home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/include -O2 -g -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1

Any ideas on how to work around this error? Has anyone been able to
successfully generate msp-gcc with C++ support (no need for libstdc++)?
Any help on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lucas Wanner

Re: C++ Support

Oleg Skydan
Hello, Lucas,

About two years ago I built and used msp-gcc
C++ compiler. It worked (the code was very huge,
but it was the case where development time was more
critical than the code quality :) ).

As far as I remember the gcc compilation ended with
the error too, but resulting compiler was OK.

Regards,
Oleg

> I need to generate a cross-compiler for MSP with C++ support (I don't
> need libstdc++). When I try to configure gcc with --enable-languages=c,c++
>
> I get the following make error:
>
> checking whether the C compiler (/home/ppgcc/lucas/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/ppgcc/lucas/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/
> -B/home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/bin/
> -B/home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/lib/ -isystem
> /home/ppgcc/lucas/cross-msp//msp430/include -O2 -g -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
> make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
>
> Any ideas on how to work around this error? Has anyone been able to
> successfully generate msp-gcc with C++ support (no need for libstdc++)?
> Any help on how to do this would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas Wanner

Re: C++ Support

Lucas Wanner
Oleg,

I was also able to generate the C++ compiler just by ignoring the error,
but when I build a C++ application, the global constructors and
destructors apparently are not executed. Were you able to use global
constructors in your project?

Regards,
Lucas

Oleg Skydan wrote:

> Hello, Lucas,
>
> About two years ago I built and used msp-gcc
> C++ compiler. It worked (the code was very huge,
> but it was the case where development time was more
> critical than the code quality :) ).
>
> As far as I remember the gcc compilation ended with
> the error too, but resulting compiler was OK.
>
> Regards,
> Oleg

Re: C++ Support

Oleg Skydan
Hello, Lucas,

>From: "Lucas Wanner" <[hidden email]>:
> I was also able to generate the C++ compiler just by ignoring the error,
> but when I build a C++ application, the global constructors and
> destructors apparently are not executed. Were you able to use global
> constructors in your project?

Yes, as far as I remember the global constructors/destructors
were not called. But in my case I needed only operator
overloading C++ freature (that project required 48bit floating
point, so I quickly made special class in C++ and operator
overloading feature made the use of that class very simple).

Regards,
Oleg