Are 20-bit pointers supported in mspgcc 4.6.3 LTS?

Are 20-bit pointers supported in mspgcc 4.6.3 LTS?

Tomek Lorek
Hi,
I'm facing problems with accessing flash at its 20-bit addressed
regions. While looking for the solution I stumbled upon this website
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mspgcc/index.php?title=Gcc47:20-Bit_Design#Data_type_attribute___a20__
but it seems this is only for gcc from 4.7.0.

Is there any other possibility of using 20-bit pointers in mspgcc 4.6.3?

Best Regards,
Tomek

Re: Are 20-bit pointers supported in mspgcc 4.6.3 LTS?

Tomek Lorek
OK, already found tons of posts about this, thanks!

Best Regards,
Tomek

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:26:44PM +0200, Tomek Lorek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm facing problems with accessing flash at its 20-bit addressed
>> regions. While looking for the solution I stumbled upon this website
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mspgcc/index.php?title=Gcc47:20-Bit_Design#Data_type_attribute___a20__
>> but it seems this is only for gcc from 4.7.0.
>>
>> Is there any other possibility of using 20-bit pointers in mspgcc 4.6.3?
>
> Nope, assembly only for these... and due to the calling rule is tricky
> as hell to make them work in a 16 bit app
>
> --
> Lorenzo Marcantonio
> Logos Srl

Re: Are 20-bit pointers supported in mspgcc 4.6.3 LTS?

Eric Decker
no

they are supported in the experimental 4.7 but it is unsupported